Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need advice on this divorce decision; besides sex, nothing's hugely wrong, but I still want out?

I left my hubby 3 years ago. I was bored, I admit, and frustrated with our relationship and life. He's been a full-time student all 6 years of marriage, and I'm the breadwinner. Because of his not working, we've put off kids for years, which has broken my heart.





Also, I was (and still am) tired of living as the poor student while friends my age (I'm 32, he's 29) buy houses and settle down. Despite these issues, I returned, and for two years, things were OK. Now I want out again, but I'm more sure why. My man is a boy; he's just so immature, and I feel I've outgrown him. He doesn't satisfy me in ANY way, he's childish and helpless without me -- I just want a grown man. I feel like a girl, not a woman, with him. I'm tired of being his mom; we've done counseling - psych and sexual - which he hated and dissed, saying we didn't have problems. I feel selfish for wanting to leave - he adores me, I care for him - yet I'm in a depression staying put and can't stand sex. Should I try again?Need advice on this divorce decision; besides sex, nothing's hugely wrong, but I still want out?
Sounds like you have made up your mind and are looking for supporters in your decision. I would be a supporter on your behalf. I am a man and I know that most women mature way faster than the male species. It took me until age 35 to really grow up. I was always a good provider and well mannered and protective. However, looking back I can see where my wife was a grown woman and I was still a boy in alot of ways. She stuck with me the whole time and helped me grow. But not every person is the same. No body can decide for you on what to do. Grass is not always greener on the other side, however, sometimes it is. If you are truly unhappy then it is probably best to move on. I do understand where you are coming from. You feel obligated dont you? Well, you have wants and needs to. Think long and hard about your future before doing anything. Asking God for direction doesnt hurt either.....Need advice on this divorce decision; besides sex, nothing's hugely wrong, but I still want out?
Why do you want out? I suggest you trick him. Tell him to feel free, to cheat on you, and then you go cheat, too. If he's smart enough he'll ask for a divorce, at some point, and you'll be free, after the divorce.
I'm sorry for you to stay with this kid for six years as his older sister,his mom and grand-mom to be,you're not selfish,you are not cold-blooded ,you are a human beings and most important is you are a woman,a woman who's lose six whole years as a young girl,as a young girl to be loved,to be protected.Don't try any more,it won't better but worse,it won't help you nor him,leaving him is your release,is the best timing for him to learn how to be a real man,is good for his future as a grown man.Yes ! your departure will make him in deep trouble ( cause he needs your mother-hood )and in pain ( for losing you).But for long term is the best decision for both of you.
Come on really it obvious to you that it wont work but your just trying to do the right thing i think . By all means stay freinds but from what i hear althougth he is a nice guy ne is just too irrisponsible and at nearly 30 he should be a adult not like a 17 year old . He is suposed to be a man and be i supose a leader and be strong but instead its you who has the balls so to speak lol . He doesent want to leave you because he is obviously not great with woman . Id say stay freinds but get a real man .
It sounds like you got married expecting your husband to change. That's not exactly fair to either of you, is it?





Now I'm a strong supporter of marriage. I think that people should try everything to make it work before they give up. But it sounds like you have.





Just because you care about a man doesn't mean you're in love with him. It sure doesn't sound like you respect him, and mutual respect is the keystone of a good marriage.





I can't image him having too much objection to a divorce. If you don't have anything in common, the sex isn't good, you don't respect him as a man, you don't support the lifestyle he wants to lead, and you're unhappy without the children he doesn't want to have, you probably arn't making him any happier than he's making you.





It should be an easy split, with no house and no kids. Just don't tell him what you told us if you don't have to. It's pretty vicious and you'd really hurt him. Of course, if he cries for three days and won't let you leave the house, you may need to be blunt and hurt him. I didn't and a man I didn't love held me in a life I didn't want for an extra year.





Just do yourself a favor. Spend some time alone figuring out who you are and what you want from a marriage before you jump into any more relationships. Marriages shouldn't be disposeable, and you handled this one well, but you don't want to give another 6 years of your life to another man who's wrong for you, just because you wern't honest with yourself before you took vows.
you should leave now, maybe then your husband will grow up. Do something that satisfies and challenges you. live your life for you.





Live well
ok-easy answer leave. i'm kidding. thank god you don't have kids with him.





Walk out the door and don't look back. Peace girl
He adores you because you are like a babysitter for him. It is obvious that you are not in love with him. Go find yourself a better man %26amp; a better life. Good luck.
Marriage is not a disposable thing. Just because you didn't like how some things went you think it isn't worth trying? just throw it all away right? Sounds to me like you changed not him. Don't blame him for what you do. It's not his fault.
Absolutely you should leave. You have tried it all, and in essence from your discussion, you have been his mother. A guy can finish Med school in the time he has stayed in school. At 32, your biological is running out, should you wish to be a mom. Be prepared for some really rough months. And the best thing is to just get out, and get back into circulation. Try the internet -- there are lots of grown up guys out there. Try Match.com, Yahoo personals. Don't expect immediate results -- it takes time to hone your skills in figuring out just what it is you want in a partner. I left what anyone would consider more than just an okay marriage -- bored with sex with him, bored with him. It was tough, let me tell you. But I survived, found another nice guy (on line) and that was 20 years ago. My first ex and I are still friends. He also remarried. It was a jolt for us both, but I just could not see a future staying. In time, you won't see a future either. Obviously, you can support yourself. It is time he learned how to do the same for himself. But don't be surprised if he sues you for spousal support.....
Do Not stay i know that feeling for 20 YEARS it wiil never chance now i want out again I'm hopeing it is forever , I'm very depress too ,,, Girl leave and don't look back
I married an immature soldier and tried over and over 2 get him 2 understand what happiness was.We didn't have kids and i'm thankful.We keep in contact from time time and he tells me all the time how he misses me.Girl they don't miss a good thing until it's gone.But i'm gone and have found me a man-not a toddler.Keep it real 4 u.

No comments:

Post a Comment