Thursday, July 29, 2010

Divorce and friends' advice?

I am going through a divorce, and my family and friends have been awesome in their support and advice.





I have this one friend in particular who keeps giving me advice on what I should do with the assets I will be getting in the settlement. For example, I got the vehicles, and she tells me I don't need one of them (because I have a company car from work) and I should sell it.





My ex got the house and he said I could stay to save some money (at first it was emotionally rough, but things have mellowed out and are ok temporarily), but this same friend tells me I should move out and rent a place. Like I said, I appreciate her concern for my mental well-being, but I haven't asked for her advice or said ';tell me what I should do.'; I have commented ';I don't know what I'm going to do'; and I wonder if that has opened the door for her advice.





At any rate, I don't know if I should just say very little about the divorce when I see her, or if I should reconsider the friendship.Divorce and friends' advice?
Your friend is just trying to help you through a very tough time. You need to shut it down by not talking about your divorce around her. If you don't play, she can't.





Change the subject when she brings it up, and things will be better.Divorce and friends' advice?
i had a same type of thing with a lady friend when i was getting divorced years ago ,I'm male by the way _in the end i found that she was trying to help but only made wrong decisions for me .


your single now so do as you feel is in your best benefit and if she is really your friend you can tell her that you will do your thinking ,if a friend she will stay by your side
Actually she is being sane giving you real advice instead of being all gushy and sweet That you also need but solid advice even if you do not want to hear it does count


In all cases I actually think she is right and very supportive, Just because it is not what you want to hear does not mean you should run away or devalue it
You're friend is just trying to help and give you ideas that you might want to consider. If she is not pushing the issue on you then it's just a friend trying to help out. Maybe she should be the one to reconsider the friendship.
Just be honest with her and let her know that you love her as a friend but you need her to be there for you and you don' need any negative advice right now and that you would like to talk to her about other things other than your divorce situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment