Thursday, July 29, 2010

My parents are getting a divorce. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get over it?

I'm 16 and my parents are getting a divorce soon. My brothers are 7 and 3. I'm really angry at my parents because my brothers are going to be raised in a single parent home. How can I forgive my parents. I'm getting really tired of being angry at them.My parents are getting a divorce. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get over it?
You have every right to feel angry, hurt, scared, disappointed, and confused among other sentiments.





Tell your parents you want them to go to family counseling with you to help you with your feelings about their divorce. If they won't arrange it, then call your pediatrician and ask them who you can talk to about this. Or talk with your minister, preacher, rabbi, pastor, or priest.





This will be a rough time for you and it will be a lifetime of disappointment. You will be ok in the long run; sometimes, though, it won't seem like it.





Keep an eye on your brothers and don't let them get into trouble. Having you as an important part of their life will go a long way toward keeping them grounded in a healthy reality. Don't think that you need to take over the role of parent, that's not your job. Just be a very cool big sister and show them how to live a healthy loving life absent self-destructive behavior.





Stay close to your parents. They still love you and always will; parents never stop loving their children. Some are just better at showing it than others.





Look for the good in life and in your parents and in yourself. Your feelings are normal and there are people qualified to talk with you about them and the situation you are in. Be well and healthy and it will all work out; just not the way you expected.My parents are getting a divorce. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get over it?
This is a tough one! I'm a single parent... and it tore my heart out to know that my kids would now be in a ';divorce'; situation. But... the truth is that your parents will be happier people if they aren't together. You need to look at it from their perspective too, not just yours. If they find someone to love, then there will be good role models for your brothers, instead of anger and fighting. Remember, your parents are people too, and deserve happiness... they are also human and make mistakes just like you. Now... for you, you need to know that it's okay to feel anger and hurt, don't push it away, deal with it constructively and talk to your parents about how you feel. Don't yell at them, talk to them. You might want to see a counselor to help you cope with this. As bad as it seems right now, it's not the end of the world. All of you will be happy again! Hang in there!! :o)
Hi I'm 17 when my parents broke up 9 years ago i was devastated but after a while i got over it. Al i did was read brooks of adventures and mystery and i got through so can get over it also. Have a friend you can trust and keep that friend close he/she will come in handy one day.
Trust me I'm also 16 and my parents decided to split when I was 9, I have a younger sister who is one year yonger than me and I know how it feels to be worried. Don't think it is your fault for ur parents feeling the way they do , that is one thing you can not do, keep telling ur brothers that everything will be just fine, cause trust it will be. Sure you will have more than one home, and sometimes you may feel like the world is out to get you and that you have to choose sides between ur parents but never soup to that level, let ur parents know that you will be there for both of them. And know that they both love you , just because they might not feel the same way about eachother. Think of it this way , if they arent together maybe the happier they will be. No more fights, no more pain, no more not knowing when the hurt will be over! It will be okay, just keep telling urself that , and if that doesnt always help let ur parents know how you feel and ur opinions on the situation. They will be glad you let them know!
Your feelings are completely normal, but you need to be supportive to your parents and try and help your brothers through this. They will be more confused than you are and you can be a huge stabilizing factor in their lives. Go to each of your parents and tell them how angry you are about his, vent to them, get it out of your system. Tell them you are angry and you need to vent and you need to talk. Don't use the words like hate or dead, just tell them how you feel and ask any questions you might have. It will help if you can vent to them and they can see your hurt and anger, then you can start to heal and move on.
Just give it time and don't dwell on it. Divorce is hard. My parents divorced when I was still a teenager. Don't live your life angry. There's a good reason for why these things happen.
it not their fault, sometimes ppl just grow apart
go to you re boyfriend or just put youre head in school work
You need to deal with it. thats it, you cant change it, and if they dont get along you really probably dont want to anyhow! It will suck for the little ones, but its life!
Try not to be angry at your parents.If they've done all they can to try and save there marriage then the best thing for all is to separate. This may sound harsh but would you prefer happy mum and dad or a miserable one that if forced to stay together will make for a unhappy home. It will take time to adjust for all of you but some people just fall out of love. And the best thing is for you all to support eachother through this and talk to your folks without arguing as then they can open up to you and you to them. There still gonna be there for you.
Well, you have to understand that your parent's decision are not because of you and your brothers. It is important that they (your brothers) understand it too.





You could look in the positive side of the situation. Do you want to live in a house where there's always tension in the atmosphere? or would you rather see them happy and treating each other as friends?





It's okay to be angry at your parents... but you also have to understand that they are also humans... i'm sure they tried to solve their problems.. maybe they can't really stand it that's why they chose to divorce... probably they don't want your brothers growing up in a tense and negative environment due to their constant fighting so they decided to have a divorce...





just pray to God that He will give you enough strenght and courage to face your trial... be strong for your brothers...
so sad to hear.i now will be hard to face but you must take easy with it.although tihs happen but you still can meet them right.take care and bye bye.
I am sorry that they are getting a divorce, And it is always worse for the children. People dont understand that the children are the ones who suffer from this. If they would try to get counceling or help to try to resolve this matter it would be better for the children. They shouldnt pull children from piller to post. They have to deal with it for the rest of their lives. All I can say, Is Be strong for the yunger ons.Try to get your parrents to see what they are doing to you children. Ask them to get help, for youall.
First of all, even though it sounds like this isn't an issue, know that their divorce is not your fault or your brothers. If things are tense at home now and I'm sure they are, you and your brothers are feeling this. Once the divorce is final, the tension is lifted and it's a much better environment. Being a single parent is hard, I did it with a 2 year old and a baby, but if it's going to make things better, don't be angry with your parents. Be supportive and helpful. It wasn't an easy decision to make and I'm sure both your parents are thinking the same thing. Good luck.
Sweetie I know this sounds cliche but when you are older you will understand..My parents used to fight so much that when my Mom finally walked out when I was 14, I was just glad the fighting stopped. My little brother was 7. I'm now in my 20's and I've been in one relationship where my boyfriend nearly drove me crazy with all the things he used to do and I'm not saying that its the same as being married but similar.Being married means they had to work much harder to keep it together. The fact that they are getting a divorce means that this is whats best for everybody. They wont ever stop loving you. It's just that now the routine is going to change. Your parents will need you to help the both of them get thru this. And your brothers will need you to be the strong one they look up to. You can do it. But think of it like this, your mom has a right to be happy, so does your dad. They aren't making each other happy anymore, so instead of staying together and making you kids unhappy, they are going to try life apart from each other. To see if they can find that happiness elsewhere. Like I said when you get older you'll understand. For now just be patient and work with them. I know where you are coming from. I'm still mad at my parents for breaking the family up but now I see where they are coming from and know that in their position I would have done the same thing. Some issues just can't be resolved.


You just keep busy. Help out when you can. Get a hobby, join a club and before you know it, it wont be so bad. Life is going to change but just be patient, be good and be understanding and be outspoken to both parents. Let them know how you feel no matter what they say. Just try to be respectful. And remember, things will be twice as bad if you try to make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment