Thursday, July 29, 2010

Going through a divorce. Need some advice please?

My husband of 21 years walked out on the kids and me about 6 months ago. He had a habit of running out on us, leaving us high and dry, but not for this long. Anyway, I got a lawyer and filed for divorce. Shortly after, he would text me, or the boys, harrassing us, making threats... He was verbally, mentally and often times physically abusive to us all. Well, my lawyer put a temporary order on him, because the boys didn't want to leave with him (they are afraid of him). He's got some mental issues that are all too clear to us all now. I encouraged my boys to call him today to wish him a happy Father's Day. My 14 year old son and my 20 year old daughter didn't want to call him, or talk to him, but my 10 year old did, so I let him... Well, my 10 year old tells him that they are going to be attending a private school in the fall and that I had to borrow money from my mom to do this, putting our guns up as collateral. The guns were left to me by my dad, God rest his soul. Well, he told my son that I can't just put them in a private school unless I clear it with him blah, blah, blah. First of all, my lawyer advised me to do this. I've been homeschooling for years. My lawyer said that I should put them in private school if I can, because our public school system sucks here. I am fixing to go back to school myself... My ex also got angry, because I borrowed money on the guns. Well, I called him back, was really nice. I asked him if he wanted to come over and visit the kids sometime. He started yelling at me saying that I'm going to jail for keeping the boys from him and that I had no right to put them in private school, because HE should have a say in it. Okay, he left us, hasn't paid child support in 3, or 4 months... I had to call the cops on him about 2 months ago, because he kept harrassing us via cell phone. My question is- Am I going to get in trouble from the judge even though there is a temporary oder on him? Am I in trouble for signing them up for private school? I'm doing what my lawyer said to do... Also, why do you all think that he's being so hateful and mean to me? I don't get it. Thanks for your time!Going through a divorce. Need some advice please?
Instead of just pushing a temporary order on ur husband why dont u imply a permanent law on ur husband from court. Infact when u divorce and it is granted by the court then he has to pay the child support unless they are 21yrs. old. So go ahead and apply for divorce in the court even if ur husband dont response the court orders the divorce will be granted without his signatures. U will also be freed from his threatening. Plz check this too http://www.reviewlocator.com/reviews/sur鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment