Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thinking it may be best to file for divorce but I am scared, I need advice and support.?

5 years ago my husband had an affair. We had problems and I am not going to blame it all on him I don't communicate it's hard for me. After the incident we tried for a while but 3.5 years later we separated and have been living apart ever since. We see eachother and tried to spend time as a family with the kids 3 times a year and in that time we rekindled our relationship. In this time I have come to the realization that I was in an emotionally abusive relationship and continue to work to break the patterns. As I have changed he has become different, not openly aggressive but not kind and no longer cares to ask how my day was, or how we're doing. For the first time in 2 years I feel like a single parent. I feel so dissapointed because I did everything in my power to save this marriage but I don't think I will ever feel safe at his side. I am afraid my marriage will always be a battlefield and I don't want to live that way or have my kids in that situation.Thinking it may be best to file for divorce but I am scared, I need advice and support.?
Well it sounds like u have already made up ur mind. What r u scared of starting all over? being alone? well if i were u I would get some time alone and talk to him tell him how u feel but give him an option to change it. Cuz it sounds like u still love him and u really dont want it to be over but u just cant live with the way things r right now. Communition is the key to ANY relationship! remember that.Thinking it may be best to file for divorce but I am scared, I need advice and support.?
Divorce is never the best option so you could always discuss things with your spouse and maybe a counslor to get things worked out
Couples counseling. Have somebody help the two of you. If not to put the relationship back together then to help you end it and to help you do right by your children. Think twice before you abandon the relationship though. Go see a counselor.
get out before you waste any more time and energy in a no win situation. at least you tried to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment