Saturday, July 31, 2010

Im a adult child of divorce and don't feel accepted by either parent. Advice for acceptance and self esteem?

mom sees dad in me


dad sees mom


im 45Im a adult child of divorce and don't feel accepted by either parent. Advice for acceptance and self esteem?
You're old enough to have learned all by yourself that acceptance comes from within..and with it comes self-esteem.





You need to realize that while you may love your parents, they are likely not people you should or would have chosen as friends. In reality, they may not have chosen you as a friend either. That's okay, you can still love them and realize they aren't very likable.





I'm a bit older than you, and it wasn't until after my father died that my mother would say, ';He was always so proud of you';. I looked at her and said, ';It would have been nice to know that when he was alive';.





You need to let go of the need to have their acceptance. You need to accept who and what you are, and learn that's all that really matters. Otherwise, you'll let this bother you all your life...and what would be the point in that?





You want to know a secret? I never accepted my parents for themselves either. I wanted them to be more accepting of me....it wasn't who they were.Im a adult child of divorce and don't feel accepted by either parent. Advice for acceptance and self esteem?
Accept yourself first, and respect yourself.
Time to get over that! Go to some self esteem groups or something.
Love yourself and have a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment