Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice about getting a divorce?

hey, I just wantend some advice about my situation, I wanted to know what should i do, i've been married for 20 some years but separated for 10 or more years, i have been wanting to get a divorce from my husban but my financial situation is not good an i try to communicate with my husban but he dose'nt want to corporate and, this been going on for years we were married in new york, but now i live in atlanta, i have lupus an only recived a small amout of money every month, i just wanted to know is there something i can do about this, my husband is taking advanged of my situation.Advice about getting a divorce?
You need to look up the rules for the County you live in. I'm in the process of filing a case regarding family law, so I'm pretty familiar with the ins %26amp; outs of everything. In my State it's $350 (CA so it might be less for you) to open a case %26amp; it would cost him the same amount to respond to your petition. I'm not saying it's wise to do this without a lawyer but it is possible. You just need to do a ton of research first. Also, in my County %26amp; State there is an application for a ';fee waiver'; which if approved means you would pay zero to file your suit. Look up your County Clerk office %26amp; start some research. If you can't afford a lawyer, it's up to you to do the work %26amp; get this thing going on your own. Your husband certainly doesn't seem willing to help so it's on you I guess. Best of luck.Advice about getting a divorce?
Yes he is taking advantage of you. If tou have a life insurance policy or anything with his name as the beneficiary, you need to get that changed ASAP. You can actually get a divorce without him being there, that's how I had to do mine. You need to contact legal aide department in the courthouse in Atlanta, doesn't matter if you got married in New York, they can get you the paperwork to fill out and even help you through all the legal lingo, you will have to publish the divorce in the legal ads of the paper for 4 weeks, if he doesn't read them, then voila', you will go before the judge and he will sign the papers because no one contested and you are divorced!!

No comments:

Post a Comment