Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice on starting divorce proceedings?

ready to file and looking for any advice for a loving father, to be fair and not be taken advantage of........Advice on starting divorce proceedings?
It really depends on the situation at hand. Are you and the soon to be ex getting along? If so, perhaps you can work on all the paperwork together. If you can keep lawyers out of it, you save money and a lot of other crap that goes along with it b/c some lawyers really encourage playing games that just stir the proverbial pot.Advice on starting divorce proceedings?
You would have a better chance if you weren't the one looking to file first... Get a good lawyer...your the one who wants it so she'll be the one getting everything or at least everything she asks for.
Instead of seeing a lawyer, especially since it appears that you are both on amicable terms, enter into a binding process of mediation with a licensed mediator who specializes in this area. If you want to preserve a relationship with your spouse and you are both caring enough to work through the details together, do it in an honorable way with someone who can help facilitate the process without injuring one another and preserve the relationships with your children.
Remember you are only divorcing your wife not your children. You can't run off and start fresh with a new honey. Give half of everything to your wife, and remember... half of ';enough'; equals ';not enough';, half of ';just enough'; equals equals ';not enough'; and half of ';not enough'; equals living in poverty.


A friend of mine said once (after two failed marriages and countless failed relationships) If I had known then (during his first marriage) what I do now... I would have stayed and worked things out in the first marriage, things never got better, with each new relationship things just got more complicated.


In the end when you tally the cost, I bet the lawyers will get more than both of you.
not to start...
It's admirable you wish to be fair, good for you. A mediator is absolutely the best option. They are objective even when things become emotional between you and your spouse.





You can't approach this settlement with feelings of guilt either. I saw my own dad process everything thru ';presumed guilt'; and 15 years later he was still taking financial responsibility for everything.





You originally got married together with love and mutual respect, who's to say you can't get divorced with that same mutual respect?





This would be the most loving thing a father and mother could do for their children.
Be prepared for a hell like you have never seen. I was divorced about 3 years ago, and I'm still fighting in the courts. My advice would be to see if there is any way to reconcile with your soon to be ex. I mean, I don't know the whole situation, but at least look at all the options before you file. Divorce can get really ugly, and with kids, it can be traumatizing for them. The court system isn't too friendly when it comes to dad's rights. Just be prepared for behavior that you've never seen from your soon to be ex should you decide to file. When I filed, I didn't want to take anything away from her. I wanted to be the good guy and not fight about everything. Well, I'm still trying to be the good guy, and she's trying to chop off my knees every time she gets a chance. Whatever you decide, I wish you luck.
Good attitude! I started divorce procedings once and got some blood sucking lawyer involved! I fired the lawyer and kept the wife!!!





Keep the FAIR attitude and get a decent lawyer. (Don't get a woman lawyer, though! They are the worst! LOLOL


(Sorry ladies, but you can be Bitches!
Fair is fair---does she know whats happening? Consult a divorce mediator if you want it to be amicable.
well get a good lawyer. your wife will try to leave w/ half so you shouldnt get divorced lol. anyways fight for as much as you can get . get a good lawyer.
I just got divorced Nov. 6th happiest day of my life! That split everything 50/50 is just a bunch of crap!! If your the bread winner it should be 75/25. You take your stuff she takes hers. If you bought you take it. Best way to keep your stuff sign it over to your rents or best friend just someone you know you can trust that way you can get it back after the divorcethat way she cant take what you dont have! Thats how I got to keep both my motorcycles and jeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment