Saturday, July 31, 2010

Divorce/separation I need some advice?

I've been with my husband for 22years. He's had an affair and we decided to try to work things out. It's not working out for me. We have the same living pattern before the problem and I'm now seeing more clearly that there's more to life than to feeling alone and taken for granted as if I'll always be here. We agreed to counseling but haven't done much about it as he works all the time and my guess is he'll just conveniently not make himself available for the appointment.Divorce/separation I need some advice?
One of the hardest things I've ever done was admit my first marriage was a failure. But I knew deep down that if I stood a chance of being happy I had to get out.





22 years is a long time. And it takes a lot of guts to get out of a bad marriage.





Good luck to you. It's a harder decision than happily married people can understand.





P.S. Second marriage SO MUCH BETTER!!!Divorce/separation I need some advice?
Insist on counseling. It starts out kinda odd feeling but then it is OK. Since he cannot or will not talk to you a third party helps once you get into it. At the very least you get to see where things are going and you can begin to come to terms with the end if that is what you both see.
It sounds like its time for you to close up shop. Share what you are feeling with your husband. Let him know that you doubt his sincerity in ';working it out'; and that you feel the need to move on. Tell him that you are considering divorce and you want his take on the subject. If communications break down, call an attorney the next day for an appointment to discuss your options in accordance with the laws of your state. If its over, its over. I am, however, a firm believer in conversation so that such things can end as amicably as possible. Good Luck
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment