Saturday, July 31, 2010

I have filed for divorce without a lawyer.....need advice please!?

I went to the courthouse and got the papers and filled out my part and then sent them to my husband who lives in another state. The thing is, I have not heard from him for two weeks now! I sent them certified so I know that they were delivered. I filed for divorce awhile ago and had a lawyer who was doing it pro-bono, and if he didn't sign the papers I would have had it granted any way because he would not have shown up for the court date. I took him back and of course it didn't work, and i can't afford a lawyer now and I am too afraid to ask the one who was gonna do it for free to see if she can do it again. He said that he wanted the divorce done right away so he can get on with his life, but he isn't doing anything now!!! I can't make him sign them, I don't know what to do now! We have no children and no properties together. Help!I have filed for divorce without a lawyer.....need advice please!?
if i were you, i would eat some humble pie and just go back to the lawyer who initially took your case.


your ';future ex'; just sounds lazy and vindictive, wanting you to stress out and do all the leg work.


i needed a lawyer for my divorce, so i don't actually know the proceedings, BUT i found the clerks at the courthouse, my lawyers secretary, paralegals, very willing to help if you ask.


also we have a ';community services'; building in our area..helping everyone from the elderly to preschoolers..i imagine you have something like that in your area..a women's support group - even if you don't fit into that category, they EXIST to help women and that includes directing them for legal help. they won't represent you in court, but they will act as your advocate, sometimes appearing with you in court (just for support)I have filed for divorce without a lawyer.....need advice please!?
If there's nothing contested in the divorce, you should easily be able to pick up a book at Barnes and Noble with every sheet and peice of paper with instructions on how to fill them out. Even if you have children, if nothing's contested you can do it all in pro per. Very easy with minimal court filing fees....which the court may order your ex to pay half of anyway.
You can get some good answers here.


http://www.lawyers.com/community/index.p鈥?/a>
go to your local Legal Aid society and they will help you. you will need to be legally represented.
You don't neer him to sign. Just file it and show the certified letter. Send him one for the court date and he doesn't have to be there either, especially if there is no children or property. He can't hold it up for long playing his game
Why do anyone want to marry if someone to divorce?


Divorce your troubles from your mind not from your husband, then you can be wise and be together!!!





Becareful with the lawyers. Some lawyers acts opposites almost all the time than to you so they can drag the case and take money out of you!!!





If your husband does not want to sign means he wanted you back.
It depends on what state you live in now,and how long you have lived there. Each state and county has a website you can go to to get free info.Also some divorce lawyers have some free info on their web site.I found the the law firm of Rosen to be extremely helpful.Did my divorce with out a lawyer. But my ex had to pay for one for him. I wish you the best i know how difficult this is emotionally. Also look up or google The (name of the county court house )you should get links to tell you what to do next. Happy to help

No comments:

Post a Comment