Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need Advice - Financial Plan before Divorce?

I am female and live in California. I have had a business for many years and I got to where I am by own sweat and tears. When I got married, I we did not have a pre-nup. I am thinking about a divorce (he does not know yet), but I do not want to give him half and I know he will want half. What can I do now to keep my money from being split in half? Do I try hiding it somewhere (I don't know how to do this), give as ';gifts'; what do I do? I have one son from previous marriage over 18, another with my current husband under 5. I am not taking about chump change either. Thank you for the advice.


Need Advice - Financial Plan before Divorce?
I can understand why you don't want to give half of what you made yourself through your blood, sweat and tears; if the other side didn't help, why should he get half of it?





Unfortunately, US laws are rather crazy on this matter, so the only way you can ensure that you'll keep what you made is to sell it all as quickly as possible, move the money well outside the jurisdiction of any US court (such as a bank in Bahamas, Canary islands, Liechtenstein, somewhere else) then move yourself out of reach too and live abroad. (and if he asks for half, send him a photo of your middle finger)





Whether you want to do it or not is another thing. But as long as you and your money/property stays within reach of US legal system, chances are that you'll have to give half.





You can consult with a lawyer in California... see what will he say about your chances to keep it if you stick to a fully legal process.


Need Advice - Financial Plan before Divorce?
Very little you can do to hide your transactions that the courts could not uncover with forensic accounting. Once your found to have been trying to hide and being misleading then the courts will probably side with your hubby more. You will end up splitting it in half. The best resolution is to deal directly with your husband and see what he is going to want and expect. Once you higher attorneys its going to get drawn out and your going to loose 30 to 40% of your assets anyways. Good Luck
Thats very easy.The law states that everything you had made before marriage is yours.You have to split only the money you made after.
You really need a good lawyer that has some skills with being creative with your finances. But from what I understand, in Ca, it is community property. Can your marriage be saved?
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment