Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice on how to move on after my divorce?

I really loved her. I knew we had issues going into the marriage, but I also knew we had great potential. Unfortunately, it was always about the potential rather than the reality of it all. We could never consistently maintain the type of relationship we wanted/needed. I miss the good times, so I force myself to think about the bad times. That just depresses me more. Any (friendly) advice on how to move on with my life with a truly broken heart?Any advice on how to move on after my divorce?
I agree with everyone who has answered already. Its a very painful process especially if you are the one who did NOT want it. Do what I did...get busy!!! Work two jobs if you have to. I tore apart my front yard and re planted and re-arranged it. I have also started painting the inside of my house and cleaned out closests, drawers and garage. Have gone to new places and did things I haven't done in years...like roller skating. Start a new hobby or pick up a old one. Just do it...one day at a time..if you have to then work on one hour at a time. Trust me sweetie...days will go by quicker and then you will realize that you don't hurt as much and don't think about her and the marriage as much. You may even (like I did) say to yourself...that you are better off now. Hugs and Good Luck!Any advice on how to move on after my divorce?
Take this experience as a positive thing. It's better that you ended it rather than living in a crappy marriage. This is an opportunity to find something better than what you previously had. Take it as a learning experience and make a list of what you can do to prevent this from happening again. Remember, the glass is half full. Good luck!
It is really hard to move on after a divorce. I was divorced, and it has been almost 4 years now, and the pain is still there. It was my choice to get a divorce since my ex was abusive physically and emotionally. I still loved him dearly, but knew I couldn't spend the rest of my life living in fear. I think of the good times, and miss the good times, but then I think of the BAD, and the BAD were overpowering to me. It takes alot of TIME, to heal. Everyone is different. Some people heal faster than others, and move on faster. You need to spend time with friends, and family, and talk about whatever it is that is on your mind. Even if it is about your ex. Friends and family will listen, and give advice. Try doing things you enjoy doing. And know that one day you will meet someone that will take your blues away. Everything happens for a reason, and there was a reason behind your divorce, so move on, and accept that you and your ex were not meant to be. Time is the answer, but how much time depends on the person. Good luck.
You sound so heart broken i am sorry, my divorce was a blessing and i was happier in the end not sad,


start going out and hanging with your friends, socialize more and get out of the house where you are over thinking things.
try to keep yourself busy.....do different things...not things that remind you of her.....time is a good healer but it won't be easy...good luck...
Try to keep constantly buys with work, friends, hobbies, and so on.


Pretend it's like a marathon: that you can't stop doing things, that


it's a must. Then it will pass by and by.
You got divorced for a reason. You have to let it go and move on. Go out with friends, talk to people. In time you will start to feel better, but if you make things worse by staying locked in the house dwelling on the past, then you are causing yourself to feel worse. Accept that it's over and realize that you deserve to be with someone that you feel happy with.Good luck.
okay if the divorce was meant to be.... don't feel guilty for moving on.


do what is best for you..... now go out and have fun.... meet new friends and stay positive. but don't jump into a relationship too quick because that will be a rebound.
get new friends and get things to do that you did not do with your past relationship

No comments:

Post a Comment