Thursday, July 29, 2010

My sister is getting a divorce.. I need advice?

My sister filed for divorce.


Now here is the thing.. My sister was a single mom before she met and had a one night stand with her Hubby, She of course got pregnant. Now My sister is not the nicest person.. I love her but really she is not a nice person. Well her hubby at first didnt believe he was the father and really didnt want anything to do with her because he was drunk taht night and it was a one night stand. So after the baby was born My sister forced the issue by going to his parents and telling them about thier ganddaughter and how rotten thier son was. Then every time she got angry with him or his parents usually for little things she would withhold the baby from them. So they went to court for visitation and she stuck him for the back child support. and got his license taken away for a year. Like I said she isnt a nice person. Then in an effort to get his credit restored, take care of his responsibility for his child and please my sister he married her. It lasted a little over a year. The whole family really is surprised it lasted that long. My sister is a real brat when she is angry. and the littliest things set her off. She is mean to her kids too. At the moment we are speaking because she was mean to my children and her own when my mother was babysitting for me and my husband to attend a funeral. So now she is divorcing him because get this he has a temper. My sister is the mean one with the nasty temper who treats everyone like crap when she is in a bad mood but her hubby has the explosive temper! It irks me because my sister has the ability to goad anyone into a screaming match because she says mean terrible things to you until you finally give in and fight back. So here is the question is there a way to avoid the topic if it comes up... I really know that I cant keep my mouth shut because I feel for the guy and his parents and I really worry over the well being of my two nieces who I really feel should be with thier fathers and not my sister.My sister is getting a divorce.. I need advice?
tell her that it is a private matter, and that you feel she should deal with it in her own way. you do not want to get involved with it. you are more than happy to vist, talk, etc., but you don't want to talk about her divorce.





oh, and while you're at it, tell her she's probably bipolar, and she needs to see a doctor to get evaluated. my sister used to do the same thing. she would be fine one minute, and then she would be so mad she was throwing things. and her bad mood rubbed off on everyone around her. once she was on medication, she has levelled out, and she's actually pleasant to be around most of the time. good luck!My sister is getting a divorce.. I need advice?
call the husband and offer to testify on his behalf in court
The only way to avoid the topic is to listen and not respond with anything other than a polite nod. She sounds like she likes to get others opinions and then rip them apart to justify what she already thinks. Don't go there with her. Let her mouth off, then don't feed the fire, it will go out if she doesn't catch on to what your doing.





She needs help because it sounds like your parents really spoiled her and gave into her temper tantrums when she lived at home. I used to go out with a girl like that and it was a nightmare.





If I were you I would stay away from her, and if she ever asks why tell her it's because your tired of walking around on egg shells wondering what word will crack the foundation of your relationship. Someone needs to be straight up with her, unfortunately that would be her parents but it doesn't sound like they want to breach that stronghold and risk never seeing their baby girl anymore. Sad really.
You have an option here, 1. help your brother in law out for the sake of the kids on your own and feel better or 2. be subpoeaned as a hostile character witness to kinda be forced to say what you dont want to. This would only happen if he tries to get her ruled unfit as a mother by way of uncontrolled anger issues. You and the rest of your family know first hand how she is and can testify to her actions. By doing nothing could eventually be very dangrous to the kids and they dont deserve any of this. Of course you could be out of the country on a trek trying to find the Abominal Snowman which would of course be vital to the world and in incommunicado, but thats your choice.Life isnt always easy or go the way we want but too, we all must do what we have to especially for thekids of the world.
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment