Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice for a friend going through a divorce...?

First off, I went through this last year at this time and I am watching another friend go through a similar experience.





One of the most difficult things about going through a divorce is the issue of friends. you lose some, you find some from unexpected places and then there is the issue of mutual friends/acquaintances.





As I originally said, I have a friend going through a divorce. She's been in contact with a mutual friend of the marriage, who has been passing along comments that the two spouses have been saying about each other.





In my experience, this was probably the most hurtful thing thing that can be done. Let's face it, you've got two people going through the most difficult crisis of their lives and the only thing that's happening is the information being passed is elevating the hurt/crisis.





I'm curious if others have had to address this situation and if so, did you find a pleasant way to resolve the issue?Advice for a friend going through a divorce...?
get a hobby and focus more on yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment