Monday, August 23, 2010

Property Settlement Agreement -PSA. Any cases or advice on PSAs that have been overturned in divorces?? Help?

Need help! Signed a PSA that gives EVERYTHING to the ex. Child Support and Spousal Support leave me with 41.67/month to live on, after taxes. Per state guidelines, I am paying 700 more a month in child support and she is not even eligible for spousal. Yet, I cannot find any info on cases that have had this reversed, without proving duress, unconsciable or the such. I signed it, because I believed her when she said it was only for 6 months and would be re-worked when we had new jobs - shame on me. My lawyer basically told me to suck it up and pay it and hopefully get a better paying job at some point, as the court would not overturn a signed PSA...Property Settlement Agreement -PSA. Any cases or advice on PSAs that have been overturned in divorces?? Help?
Your lawyer knows. Could, like a doctor; get a second opinion.Property Settlement Agreement -PSA. Any cases or advice on PSAs that have been overturned in divorces?? Help?
They have been overturned in court when proven it was obtained by fraud or lies. So all you have to do is prove without hearsay that she lied to you to get you to sign it in the first place. Probably wont be the easiest thing youve ever done but you have alot to lose if you cant. Hopefully you were under a drs care for emotional stress when you signed it, otherwise you better get your resume up to date real quick. Good luck
Get a better job, or try a new attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment