Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dating advice.....24 .....recently divorced?

i have two great kids and am recently divorced. My ex is the same age and has a whole diffent single life in view. I really missed out a lot being married to him and unlike most I dont want to be single I really love having someone and being with someone. I really dont know how early is dating especially with kids? Of course I would never bring a date home unless it was serious but is it bad for me to look for love 2 months after getting divorced?Dating advice.....24 .....recently divorced?
No it's not bad at all for you to start dating but just make sure you've given yourself time to heal and don't get into a rebound relationship. You seem like you know what you're doing and have your priorities right but not bringing anyone around the kids until it was serious. Good luck to you!Dating advice.....24 .....recently divorced?
The worst you could do right now is to jump into a serious relationship, You are still young and have plenty of time. Nothing wrong with going out and socializing with friends and meeting new people. The most important thing is to protect your children from your new acquaintances and not to do what many do in your situation, and that is to expose your party life to them. Make sure they are well looked after when you are out and give them most of your time, this will pay off in the future. You need time to get to know the next significant other in your life, that takes quality time so as you are not in a repeat of your first relationship. I cannot stress enough for you to put your children first, they are forever, most of the men you will meet are not. All the Best to You and Good Luck !
nope...do what makes you happy. you both got divorced for a reason which means you didn't want to be with another so therefore it ended. I say if your ready to date again than do so. Find that someone who makes you happy and that you can spend life with. and your idea about not bringing them home is great. Also remember if you do start dating someone tell your kids about him so they know whats going on. eventually let them meet sometime and let them give you an opinion of him and what they think. I let my oldest tell me what he thought about my now fiance and he was excited and he now calls him dad. I wish you luck.





Don't listen to the dude who said a guy won't want to be with a single mom cause he's wrong. I had two kids before I got with my fiance and he takes care of them asif they were his own. No one said you wanted to replace their father you just want a significant other. Yes your kids are important and you already know that but you can be happy as well.
Good Morning LULU.








Your going to get alot of advise telling you to get out there and have fun. I'm not going that route, your a mother and the kids come first. You should focus on that point almost exclusively. Sorry but you have a rough rode ahead and most men wont want to hookup with a single mom.





Work on being a really good mom, don't screw with the kids by trying to replace their father. Your young and will have plenty of time when they are grown.
not at all. if you feel like being single is not your thing then its time to mingle. go out and have some fun. you know the fun that you missed out on while you got married. i don't mean slutty fun but experiment a little. see whats out there. and trust me when love is involved the kids wont matter. that person will love you and your kids.
do what you feel when you feel.. you have a second chance at living single.. of course you shouldn't rush into anything esp something you just got out of.. i personally would suggest you hang out with friends and get the swing of living again before you started dating...give some time for your heart to heal..
I don't think it's bad to be looking to get your life back together after only 2 months of being divorced. You've got a family to support and you need to look forward to your future. Best of luck!
It's not Bad at all. Like you said yourself you don't like being Single, so your going to go out %26amp; look for love, perfectly normal if you hate being alone.





Just wait it out, you'll find someone ;)





Good Luck
no go ahead. I got you girl. Nobody wanna be alone. Sounds like your reasonable about your goals and your kids. so go ahead drop the kids off his house and enjoy finding love and being loved. We are still young!
everyone has a different time view as to when to start dating again.... if you feel its ok then go ahead and date.... there is no set time.
You are a mother your attention should be focused on your kids.
I am in the same exact boat as you almost but two years older with two kids. I came to the realization that I was over my ex and ready because I was not going to wait around and miss out on fun. I had been in a bad relationship for too long and was over him when I was ready to leave. I am now happy with my best friend and have no regrets. At first dating seemed weird but it is fun now for me. As far as the kids, leave them out of the loop. How to build the whole dating thing up with them is make sure whatever you do makes you happy and they will be happy for you. Have a strong support group that don't mind watching the kids every once in a while so you may go out, but don't take too much advantage of it. Everything will work out. But don't get too caught up in the dating that you don't give yourself too much time to yourself because this is the perfect time to focus on yourself to build yourself up. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment