Monday, August 23, 2010

Have you divorced a parent? Can you offer some advice?

I'm ready to end a bad relationship with my mom. If you've divorced a parent, can you share about the reasons, challenges afterwards, or was it easier than you thought? I've really been on my own my whole life - so I think it will have a minimal impact on my daily life. I just can't handle being a doormat and treated like crap while I do everything I can to please her, brighten her day and try to make her happy. Its over, but I just need to figure out how to make it happen.Have you divorced a parent? Can you offer some advice?
Dear Hunny Bunz,


I'm sorry, but I really don't know what to advise you.


I just wanted to say I'm sorry for you and for your bad relationship with your mother. I suppose it's hard, and whatever happens- I hope it will happen in the best way possible. Be strong.


Shoham.Have you divorced a parent? Can you offer some advice?
adult? move! if u see something wrong with baby bro....call police or social services.
i am in the middle of divorcing my aged mother and her son, it is painful, but i feel its better for me to have little or no contact because of her badmouthing, backstabbing, playing her children one against the other, i am just done, i never went through what you went through, if you feel you are making the right choice then you are, i feel sad about the situation, but i am going to move on...my friends know me and accept me better than my family...i hope you will be ok with your decision..do you live at home...if you are out on your own, maybe you could just write her a note to tell her why th is is happenin..i did...do i feel better? not really, but in this situation there is no feeling better, but i will be fine....soon..
I did not legally divorce them, but I did cut ALL contact. After leaving home in my teens. In my 30's I let amother back into my life (after 15 years no contact)...she started the abuse again, it took me 4 years to gain the strength to face her (one on one) and say enough is enough and put all the abuse at her feet. She gloated about all she'd done, and did not say sorry, but it was empowering to hear her admit it. From that day I went back to NO CONTACT. It was not easy as a teen, but it was the second time around. As a teen, I went hungry and lived in some dives but made it on my own and it was such a relief to be out of their clutches.





Good luck with staying NO CONTACT. You don't say if you, still have contact with other family members, over time, I lost contact with them too, because they felt they had to take sides and it's easier to pretend the abuse never happened for some family members.





I do recommend counselling, the abuse can effect our future partner choices or how we relate to others, even if we don't abuse others ourselves(I was everything she wasn't), we can be try to compensate in other ways.





You said you need to figure out how to make it happen: Return post, change your phone number, block email address's. When/if you move, do not give your new address out.





Good luck with a happy abuse free future.

No comments:

Post a Comment