Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am an oldest brother of a divorced family and would like some advice?

i am leaving for college soon, and i'm not completely sure how i should deal with the state my family is in. my mom and dad are divorced and living separately, and they are both very hot-headed and stubborn. at the moment i am the one who relays messages from either parent whether its telling a parent that he/she needs to pick the brothers up from swimming or relaying an angry message. i have already endured the yelling and disputes and i don't want to leave knowing this will continue and get worse for my younger brothers. my mom is suing my dad at the moment and really not sure how to handle this. i kinda want to stop my parents from fighting and have conversations like normal people but i know that will be impossible. may i get some input and suggestions please?I am an oldest brother of a divorced family and would like some advice?
i think that your parents have both put you in a horrible position. you need to tell them that you won't do it anymore and that they have to stop being so immature and be a good example for their kids. being harsh with them may kick start their brains to realise what they are doing.





but even if that does not work then still stop doing it for them. you cannot be expected to play referee forever and neither should your siblings so talk to them too.





no one can save the world.





good luckI am an oldest brother of a divorced family and would like some advice?
idk my mom and dad used 2 fite all the time, my mom never sued my dad but they always fought, they r divorced, they both cheated on each other, ino its rediculous, anyways, one day my dad comes into my moms house with my moms bf on the fone, runs up 2 her room and starts yelling at her, idk y he did this?, and me and my brothers just sat there on the couch and did nothing, then my mom and dad came downstairs and were yelling and screaming at each other, then i just got up and yelled at them to stop fighting, and rite then they stopped, and they havent really fought for like 2 years, they get along kinda well, my dad doesnt like the fact that my mom got married 2 another guy, but he just lives life.... i suggest that u do the same thing, tell them 2 stop fighting and tell them that if they dont, then ur little brothers will have 2 deal with it until they move out, it mite work, or it mite not work
I can see why your worried, well, it depends, how old are your brothers? 12? 14? If there over 15 I think they'll be okay. They'll learn how to depend on them self's and not on you. It's an important skill, and it will come in handy. It's going to be hard, but i'm sure they'll adapt.





Just make sure if you are leaving them alone with you parents, tell them that your have your phone on you so if they're upset or angry they can call you and ask what to do. And Visit them, make sure you tell them there not alone. Feeling like your alone can sometimes lead to disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment