Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice on dating a divorced man?

I have been dating a divorced man for about a year now. He has been divorced 4 years but I think he is still in love with his ex. He talks about her all the time, the past and the present. They have 2 girls together so I understand she will always be around but I sometimes think they should try and work it out. Any advice? I am at a point where I feel she is always going to be 1st and he cannot love me b/c he still loves herAdvice on dating a divorced man?
I wish I knew the right answer to that. I am divorced and my bf is divorced. We were each married for ten years. I love him and he loves me, but I think deep down inside, we will both always loves our exes, to a degree. It is very hard to be with someone for that many years and have children together, and not have any feelings for one another. But, it is more of a family relative kind of love rather than couple kind of love. They got divorced for a reason and they had plenty of time to work it out. So, don't worry yourself with that. And don't think of him as putting her first, think of it as him putting his children first, which he should do. He has been with you for a year, if he tells you that he loves you, then I am sure that he probably does. He talks about them because he wants to include you in all aspects of his life. Just as my bf and I talk to each other about our exes and our children. We love each other very much, yet very differently than our exes. Yes, he can love you! Good luck.Advice on dating a divorced man?
We are what we want to be.You are letting him fall in love with the ex back by not stopping him. Tell him that you feel discomfort when he talks about her . Remember communication is the key. Try to avoid conversating with him about her. Her spirit lives between you two, let it out. Maybe he thinks you don't mind and that's why he keeps on doing that. Try to focus on you two from now on , you are the present she is the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment