Monday, August 23, 2010

Pregnant new wife is set on divorcing me soon. Any advice?

My wife got pregnant on our honeymoon and about one month later went off her paxil (for anxiety) and we had to get her on something more safe (zoloft) in lower dosages but before that she got very depressed and easily irritated by me and still is irritated alot but less drastic. She started saying stuff like your breath stinks, your manuerisms bother me, even when we used to sleep in the same bed she would complain that I was breathing. Pretty soon she started bringing up divorce and that she didn't want me to tell her I love her and that she didn't love me, and she stopped treating me like it as well. I quickly got us into marriage counseling and a psychiatrist and it helped things alot but she still seems pretty set on divorce after the baby is born. Is this at all normal for hormones to make life hell like this or should I just call it quits? I mean I love her and I am paying all the bills even though I only live at the same apartmant like 2 or 3 days a week and I am really trying to do everything I can to support her and sometimes I wonder if I'm in denial? Any advice? Any crazy symptoms of pregnancy that sounds like what is happening to me is normal or is she just plain crazy and hopeless? Baby is due in a few weeks, I worry about post-pardum depression as well, we plan on having a natural water birth at the apartmant, I'm ok with it because I want it to be a spiritual experience that could bring us closer together.Pregnant new wife is set on divorcing me soon. Any advice?
sweet mildred is my leader, crawl into her playpen secret circle with mePregnant new wife is set on divorcing me soon. Any advice?
Apparently you were aware of her ';problem'; when you met her. It was a chance trying to solidify a relationship with anyone who has issues.


I would ensure a paternity test prior to signing the birth certificate. In her condition I would trust science before I would trust her. I know it sounds heartless but seems like you are getting little or no ';heart'; from her. Once you have signed the documents of birth you are legally and financially responsible for the child yours or not. Love may bind the heart but the law also binds.
...


Take her to the god-damn hospital.


Article in the source was written by a friend of mine about his and his wife's experience trying the home-birthing thing (he's an editor for the paper).


If she was on paxil and is now taking zoloft this is a *high risk* pregnancy and it's a first-time pregnancy.


Home birthing is not an intelligent option - it might not even be legal.





It is hard to say why she is acting like this.


People who need those meds to stabilize can do and say extraordinary things and not really mean them... but how do you know?


So it's some of everything; some the meds; some her personality; some her lack of commitment to you.





Get your head out of your *** and start coming to terms with the hell your life is about to become.


Is she even stable enough to care for a child?


Praying the Lord is NOT enough to keep your child and wife alive.


If you have doubts, you need to find a day-care now. The waiting list can be a year long.





You also need to have the nursing discussion.


Starting nursing is /not/ as easy as you both might be lead to believe.


On top of that, the hospitals receive kick-backs from the formula companies so they heavily, heavily push the formula in the nursery.


If she wants to breast-feed you are going to *repeatedly* tell the staff not to bottle feed. Make a sign and put it in the crib. Ask about a lactation consultant and meet with her.





She can continue to take zoloft while breastfeeding; but I think paxil is still in the unknown effects category.


If she /needs/ stiffer meds, you need to have that conversation and she may not be able to breast feed.





PS Praying to the Lord is *never* going to ';heal'; your wife. She has a permanent, genetic, mental illness.
Your wife is mentally ill. People with mental illness are inherently unstable. She is also terrified that she is being thrust into motherhood when she wasn't ready (she got knocked up on your honeymoon after all).





Unless something happens that changes things, you might be better off just to divorce her and help take care of the child. If you are worried about your child's safety, bring up her psychiatric history to the judge. You wouldn't be the first single dad in the world, nor the last.
Anxiety is a beast..





Don't really believe what she's saying, anxiety can make you feel nervous day and night and not realize what words come out of your mouth...





I mean she should have realized your breath smells when you've married..
man! little advice here but i would wait until the baby is here because that alone can make a huge difference wen u have one in this world together...but you already know in the back of your mind that she wants a divorce dont stop caring for her, i personally wouldnt be payin no bills but i mean support her she needs your support, keep going to counseling and all that but def, stay by her side its nothing weaker than for a man to leave his wife behind yall said thick n thin, its forever but you still know that shes thinkn of divorce. sorry abt tht dude hope it gets better
Make sure you get full custody of the child.
Wow, she truly is a bundle of nerves. I wonder if going back on Paxil after the baby will help. I would take her to another doctor and see if all of this is normal. If she is hell-bent on divorce, go ahead and allow it, but PLEASE fight for custody. She does not sound like she would make a fit parent at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment