Monday, August 23, 2010

My mother and father are divorced and I feel really sad please give me advice. Plus, I am really really young.

My parents divorced because my mom thought that my dad was going out with another woman so she divorced him. Who to choose as my guardian. Please help!My mother and father are divorced and I feel really sad please give me advice. Plus, I am really really young.
Oh Justin! I am so sorry for the pain you are going thru; it's what I hated the most about getting divorced - what it was doing to my sons. I wish I could take away the pain for you. Just keep in mind both of your parents love you; the divorce is between them.





If your parents live in the same town, why not live with one for half of the week and the other parent the other half of the week. (Are they in the same school district area?)





You can also think about who you get along with more, who spends more time with you (even though they have work and other things to do, they choose you), who listens to you when you need to talk, etc.My mother and father are divorced and I feel really sad please give me advice. Plus, I am really really young.
follow your heart.. our 12 yr old is with me, our 9 yr old is with her....





i feel your pain......trust me...





best of luck to you and your family.....you will be in my prayers..
Divorce is always hardest on the kids. Before I answer your question, PLEASE remember that their decision to divorce was in no way your fault or that of your siblings if you have any. As to which parent to choose, were you given the option to choose both? I mean, is it possible you could live with one for half the year and the other the other 6 months? If not choose the one you feel safest and most secure with. God Bless You Child.
Justin,





What happened between your parents is deeper than what you will ever truly know. Sometime they probably don't even know. As for choosing who to llive with, well if they will be close enough go evenly between the two, if not, then choose the one where you will first be cared for properly (that doesn't mean do what you want) which parent will lay ground rules.


It is hard, but both your parents love you and think of it this way, sometimes people are better off apart than together fighting and unhappy. I know you got stuck witht he raw deal, but trust me it gets better, be active in sports and other postitive things to keep your mind off the negative things in your life. I PROMISE IT STOP HURTING%26gt;
If you live close enough, maybe you can split you time between parents, and you could still go to the same school? Like, you stay with mom 3 days out of the week, and then the rest of the time with dad. If this isnt an option, then choose the parent that you're most comfortable with. Its a hard decision but i hope your parents are mature enough to understand your decision. ITs so hard i know, but it will get better soon, trust me. Good luck sweetie
You need to choose the parent that you feel will be the best for you. They need to support you, respect you, love you, attend your school activities, and be your friend. Don't choose the parent who you think is to blame for the divorce. Unfortunately divorces happen everyday, it has nothing to do with you. I can honestly tell you, your parents will obviously be happier apart, in return you will be happier. I know you say you won't be, but with less tension in the household you should feel more relaxed.


Hang in there, I am sure they still love eachother. I still love my ex husband, but we just couldnt stay together anymore. We loved eachother both so much that we knew we would be happier without.
Choose someone who you would be most comfortable with! Sorry aboout the situation! :)
Even if one parents obtains physical custody for legal purposes there is no reason you can't spend a lot of time with both of them. There is also a lot of joint custody plans where you can spend half the week with one and the other half of the week with the other parent. Or any variation of that. Please know that your parents divorce was a difference between them and had nothing to do with their love for you. You could talk to your school guidance counselor about the sadness you are feeling and they may have some phamphlets or books that you could read to help you understand what is happening in your life right now. It might also help you to talk to a trusted adult (aunt, uncle, grandmother, pastor, godmother, friend's mother). Good luck to you and God Bless.
Your in a tough spot honey. If you can't chose then explain that to them. Just try and think of which could take care of you the best. The one you feel more comfortable to talk to about anything and listens to you. I went through the same thing and I made my decision by choosing the one I felt comfortable with. It doesn't mean that you don't love the other. It just means that you feel this person would take the best care of you.
hey i want to say that im sry that this has happened to you..my parents are also divorced (last yr) at first i went to live with my mom cause i was closer to her.. then she started acting wierd in ways hard to describe.(making life hard) so i went with my dad..i think she still harbors some anger toward me for doing it..but im much happier with my dad, and close to my mom...u should just chose the one who makes ur life easier while going through a stressful time..i don't mean money..just the one that will be there for you, the one who maybe understands u more.. and won't think that u are overracting.. hope this helps...pebbs

No comments:

Post a Comment