Monday, August 23, 2010

';new stepmom';wants to start off on the right foot with hus exwife needs advice/help from single/ divorced moms

ok toms exwife is a wonderfull/involved mom to thier only child who is 8 yrs old.She is still single and relies on my hus for advice/support regarding thier son who is her life.I know she is not happy about me being the ';new wife'; as she sees me in ';her place';.My question is i don't want to make trouble with her so what can i do or don't do to avoid conflict with her?What does your exhusbands new wife do that pisses you off regarding your kids?';new stepmom';wants to start off on the right foot with hus exwife needs advice/help from single/ divorced moms
I am a ';new wife'; and I can tell you what I have done that makes my husband's ex feel like I've over stepped my boundaries...


Don't take charge in situations like school registration, doctor appointments, etc. Let her feel like what she is...the mother, try not to make her feel replaced as a mother.


Things you can try to do to make it better...


Talk with her, let her know that you know she's the mother and you want to help her out. Ask her things like what time is bed time at her house.


Basically let her know that you love the child but you also respect her place as the child's mother and don't want to step on any toes. Let her know that you're available to talk to her if she has any questions for you, etc.


This helped me out a lot with my husband's ex.';new stepmom';wants to start off on the right foot with hus exwife needs advice/help from single/ divorced moms
We all know how bitchy we woman can be, but for yur surviual donot forget yur place in the triangle, yu are the middle, that empty space between all three side, yu donot do anything with the child without first talking to both parent, and please donot over do the attention that yu give to the child, she is a mother so she will be overprotective, dont take it to heart, have lunch, when yu need to talk thing over, but if she is a *****, F##k her and have yur own owe baby fast. goodluck.
Tread carefully. That's all I can say. Love that child as if it's your own. Depending on her you may be able to talk to her. Tell her your not into drama and that you realize they have a child TOGETHER and you just want to the lines of communication open. My ex had a girlfriend who went out to dinner with me and my boys to get to know me. But it really depends on her and how willing she is to let you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment