Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My parents are divorcing, and I really need advice.. Please?

So my mom has been married three times. I know.. crazy right? Well.. to make a long story short, she is an alcoholic, and my step-dad can't take it anymore. She has tried rehab, but she still drinks.. He can't stand it, and they got in a huge fight yesterday that even got physical. My mom called the cops because he pushed her.





Now I'm really afraid.. if my mom and step dad break up, I don't know what is going to happen... My mom can't afford our house by herself. My step dad hasn't adopted us, so we won't get child support or anything. I'm thinking about the worst situations possible.. like us living on the streets.





I really need help. I don't know what to do. I want them to stay together. If they don't, things will be awful. What do I doMy parents are divorcing, and I really need advice.. Please?
When people are angry they say and do the most awful hurtful things when deep deep down inside they really dont mean it. In my opinion I think ur step dad just needs some space some time to cool off as we all do when we get heated.Your mom needs to get help tho otherwise your family will never have any sort of normalcy.When she's drinking take the bottle away dont keep alchohol in the house if there isnt any around she'll have to do without or make a dash out to the corner store which takes more of an effort think of the little things that u can do to prevent situations. I know ure just a kid but she wont hurt u if u agrivate her by distroying her in house stash of alchohol u are her child intervene as much as u can is my advice and make step dad feel like there's more than just 1 reason for him to stay u obviously love him too let him know that a little motivation goes a long wayMy parents are divorcing, and I really need advice.. Please?
sit down with your step dad and tell him your concerns (which are very valid) he will make sure you are ok.
Talk as soon as possible, with your step-dad.
look, don't think they are going to divorce just because of the fight. If they really love each other they will stay together. besides, they made a promess to each other and maybe this guy will acctually keep this promess, so don't jump into conclusions just yet.


I can understand that you are affraid of what might happen if they do split up. The thing is, if your step dad really loves you and cares for you, he will realise that he cannot put you all on the street together, since your mom cannot support and take care of you from the street. I'm sure he'll figure something out. Even if he does put you all on the street, there are organisations that look into situations like this and try to help. Don't think you are going to be alone on the street, because there are enough serveces to turn to, or who reach out to you.


I hope your mom and step dad can work it all out, but even if they don't, I'm sure you are pretty well taken care of.
well this may not help much, but if they find out your mom is drinking like she is, you'll most likely be put in a foster home (though if your step-dad would let you, you could probably live with him too.)
Go talk to your step-dad. Tell her that you are scared of what might happen.





Worse case scenario- go stay at a friend's house until this all boils over.
Sounds like your mom needs an intervention.





Why don't you talk to your stepdad? Or any other adult who may listen and help... like your grandparents? Sometimes people outside the family are blind to what's going on inside the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment