Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am divorcing my husband We had no prenuptial arrangement? I don't know what to do? I need some advice?

I am divorcing my husband of 12 years We had no prenuptial arrangement my husband has assets and property. When I asked him to let me have the house he said all the stuff he has is not his but is his sisters she is 21, I now find out that all his other brothers assets and property belong to her and are under her name. I think they all just did that in case they got a divorce they would lose there stuff. I don't know what to do about this I don't know if I would be able to get anything as when we got married I didn't own anything of my own.I am divorcing my husband We had no prenuptial arrangement? I don't know what to do? I need some advice?
Wow, I would find a good lawyer and hope for the best. It sounds like your husband's a real jerk if he would actually put everything in another name to make sure you didn't get anything if anything should happen to your marriage. My best guess is that you will be able to work something out with him, but if he really wants everything he can probably keep it. Maybe make really good friends with his sister to solve everything LOL.I am divorcing my husband We had no prenuptial arrangement? I don't know what to do? I need some advice?
Property and assets, including house? Why do you think that isn't community property?


advice..


money involved, you don't need to go by what someone here says.. GET A LAWYER.
do you work? if not, or if you didnt really make a lot of money somehow maybe you can come up with a way to show he was the finacial provider of the marriage and if nothing else you should be able to get alimony. did you have any kids by him? and yea i think you are right he did this because he didnt want anyone to take his assets.... but as the other person stated i would make sure to get a good lawyer. sorry you are going through this!
As others have noted, the laws governing your situation will depend greatly on the state in which you live. The best advice I can give you is to consult with a lawyer with experience in family law and divorce negotiations, of which there are a great deal.





By way of general advice, I can tell you that, even when there is a prenuptial agreement, the judge in family court has equitable discretion over the division of property, alimony, child support, and other issues incident to divorce. The key word here is fairness, and there are many factors a judge will consider in determining a fair settlement. I can't give you a conclusive analysis, but you may be able to argue that your husband's management of his assets in his sister's name was fraudulent as to yourself. If the court agrees, they could be treated as his assets for purposes of a divorce judgment. A lawyer will be better able to advise you in that regard, and you really must work with one in a complicated situation like this one.
hmmm what state you in? I doubt a 21 year old could obtain all these property's so i am sure under the penalty of perjury in a court they can be questioned. also bank records money taken out where did it go? taxes did you file joint if so get the records this is a mess but its your fault for being lazy. you smelled a rotting fish but chose to ignore it now you will have a huge headache. Also if this is something being done as practice where is your proof how do you know his brother is doing this? you will need evidence for everything usually people stipulate out property once they see they are being found out but you have to get evidence. I would get on this pronto. Don't trust your lawyer to do right by you. This can be your chance to do right by yourself for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment